So after Israel says Hamas is a terror group and they must be eliminated, they react by terrorizing innocent civilians, killing woman and children in the hundreds. The worse massacre to the Palestinians in over 40 years, So is this conflict ever going to get better? How can it when those who condemn terrorism react by doing the same exact thing, speaking of double standards. So here is the The latest according to BBC NEWS:
- 300 people have been killed in the air raids on gaza that began on Saturday
- Tunnels which were alleged to have been used for smuggling weapons from Egypt into Gaza to build up Hamas have been bombed. In total, more than 40 air-strikes have been carried out, taking out 210 targets.
- Witnesses in Gaza said they saw six separate air strikes on the Islamic University, hitting a laboratory building, just after midnight.
- Israel says militants have fired 110 rockets into Israel since Saturday
- In Israel, one person was killed on Saturday in the town of Netivot, some 20km (12 miles) east of Gaza, while there were reports of several Qassam rocket strikes early on Sunday
Here is are some articles from Digg that you should all read
Digg – Israel Attacks Gaza
How you can help
International Red Cross – Gaza: hospitals struggling to cope as fighting intensifies (The ICRC reminds the parties to the hostilities that international humanitarian law requires that a clear distinction be drawn between military objectives and the civilian population and civilian objects. In particular, the ICRC underlines the obligation of the parties to take all feasible precautions to spare the civilian population the effects of hostilities. Medical facilities and personnel must also be protected.)
May Allah swt protect the innocent and bring peace to the middle east, Ameen.
As Muslims we stand with those oppressed whether they are in Palestine or Israel. In order for this crisis to ever get better, those who have wronged must bring themselves into account, if not they will be on the day of judgment inshallah.