Recently I’ve been thinking about the power of innovation, relax not bida. I’m talking about original ideas and taking them from conception to reality. Whether it’s entrepreneurship or just driving positive change in society.
One of the key characteristics about people who are movers and shakers in this world is they identify an opportunity and they take act on it right away. Not necessary monetarily (for profit), but because they understand that if no one else in the world does it then mankind is potentially at a huge loss.
Anyways this reminded me of the one quotes of Imam Bukhari (R.A). In case you don’t know, he was one of the greatest hadith collectors in the history of Islam. But check this out, he himself was inspired and motivated to make power moves after his teacher bought up the idea to him.
“There was once a time during one of our sessions when my teacher Ishaaq Ibn Rahway remarked it would be appreciated if someone could collect hadith which held strong and reliable testimonials and wrote them in the form of a kitaab.”
That’s a perfect example of someone who heard an idea and was able to execute on it. Imam Bukhari didn’t just sit around and let the opportunity pass, there was intense work ethic and determination throughout his life. He invested his time and energy to reach that goal. Which is why his collection called Sahih al-Bukhari is one of six major books on hadith till this day. He was blessed with amazing memory and that obviously played a role. He worked on the final collection for over 16 years! Subhan’Allah.
People often say when it comes to business “they can’t think of any ideas”. You can find ideas if you ask yourself what your passionate about, remember the best work is the work you enjoy doing. In the case of Imam Bukhari, it was also his thirst of knowledge that also drove his efforts.
Now transitioning to the bread and butter of this post, chill butter is high in cholesterol. Let’s say bread and olive oil, since the olive is a blessed fruit.
Anyways, How do you make an idea become reality?
Here are five tips I’ve put together that will insh’Allah be of benefit:
- Intention – Of course nothing becomes reality without the permission of Allah (swt) and this is something that we should always be conscious of. No matter how much we do in this life, it’s only because Allah swt has allowed us the opportunity and the intention should always be that you are doing it for his sake. If that project or business idea doesn’t begin in the name of Allah, then your depriving it of blessings.
- Time – In business they say time is money, that’s true for everything in life. Especially when it comes to social work, there are many people in the world that need your help! Your initiative can help solve real world problems and by carefully addressing them and presenting solutions you can drive change but remember time is money and change is good. Change = Money, get it hahah okay no.
- Passion – Ask yourself what you enjoy doing, we are all inclined towards different things in life when it comes to doing what we love. Just make sure you keep it halal bilal.
- Dedication – Besides your God given talents, it’s your work ethic that will help you achieve your goals in life. That is what sets the good apart from the great. People who are great at what they do don’t get their by accident. They optimize their time, stay dedicated and work on those strengths they have so they can excel even more. One word, consistency!
- Stay on alert – Listen to people who are wise and share ideas. Alot of people have ideas but they don’t want to implement them which is why they share them with those who potentially can. If your ready to step up to the plate and fill a void in society then make moves like the road runner. Meep meep. Just make sure those moves land you in Jannah! insh’Allah.
So next time you have that idea pop up in your head, don’t wait for someone else to implement, “just do it” like nike.
Well there you have it. insh’Allah I’ll write again soon. Please keep me in your dua’s right now. May Allah swt reward all of you for your kind support and feedback. Appreciate it.
I’ll end with some lines from Surah Al-Asr
By Al-‘Asr (the time).
Verily! Man is in loss,
Except those who believe and do righteous good deeds, and recommend one another to the truth.